Daniel Powell 1 p.m., Feb. 7
Councilmember Carl DeMaio raised $540,000 for his mayoral campaign during the month of June, making him the highest fundraiser so far. Earlier this month, assemblyman Nathan Fletcher revealed that his campaign had raised $300,000.
In a July 12 email, DeMaio announced the fundraising effort. According to his website, the $540,000 includes the $270,000 in matching funds that he donated to his own campaign.
“I’m up against the labor unions and special interest insiders who will be filling the campaign coffers of my opponents,” stated DeMaio on his website. “That’s why I asked San Diegans to partner with me to fix the mess at City Hall. I am overwhelmed and humbled by their response."
DeMaio says that 90 percent of the donations were from residents of San Diego County.
More like this:
- DeMaio’s gold — March 11, 2015
- DeMaio out with official Log Cabin endorsement — July 15, 2013
- DeMaio Campaign Spent Big On Consultants In June — Aug. 6, 2012
- Local Jeweler Stumps For $100 a Plate DeMaio Dinner Party — Feb. 24, 2012
- Hedgecock Endorses DeMaio for Mayor — Sept. 22, 2011