• News Ticker alerts

Councilmember Carl DeMaio raised $540,000 for his mayoral campaign during the month of June, making him the highest fundraiser so far. Earlier this month, assemblyman Nathan Fletcher revealed that his campaign had raised $300,000.

In a July 12 email, DeMaio announced the fundraising effort. According to his website, the $540,000 includes the $270,000 in matching funds that he donated to his own campaign.

“I’m up against the labor unions and special interest insiders who will be filling the campaign coffers of my opponents,” stated DeMaio on his website. “That’s why I asked San Diegans to partner with me to fix the mess at City Hall. I am overwhelmed and humbled by their response."

DeMaio says that 90 percent of the donations were from residents of San Diego County.

Image

• News Ticker alerts

Comments

Gail Powell July 12, 2011 @ 6:45 p.m.

Good for Carl DeMaio. Keep that money rolling in, people!

Radical Uterus July 12, 2011 @ 8:53 p.m.

De Maio says these things. Has anyone verified what he says about the money he has raised? I would like independent corroboration. Trust but verify, that's my motto.

MURPHYJUNK July 13, 2011 @ 7:35 a.m.

so we have another $540k of political baloney ads to look forward to?

SanDiegoParrothead July 13, 2011 @ 12:35 p.m.

Not as much as the bullshit that will be coming from the Dumanis camp shortly

TheGunny July 13, 2011 @ 4:23 p.m.

And Carl will steal all the competition's signage.

MURPHYJUNK July 13, 2011 @ 1:19 p.m.

"Not as much as the bullshit that will be coming from the Dumanis camp shortly"

too bad it does not make good organic variety, it could be put to some good use. ( although the stink is just as bad)

TheGunny July 13, 2011 @ 4:22 p.m.

90% from San Diego COUNTY? How much has come from the CITY?

He states that special interest is stacking up against him. Well there Carl what is the Lincoln Club, T.J. Zane and the boys + the San Diego Taxpayers (Lani's Repub Club) mean? They aren't a special interest?

This election is going to be a bust for all. All cantidates stink on ice and will do nothing to improve life here.