Matthew Lickona 11:49 p.m., Dec. 10
Port Seeks Community Comments
The Port of San Diego is inviting residents to attend a meeting of its Citizen Advisory Committee on the North Embarcadero Port Master Plan Amendment. The meeting, seventh in a series, will be held from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. tonight at the Port’s administration building, 3165 Pacific Hwy.
Highlights of the plan amendment include incorporation of the Navy Pier, home of the USS Midway Museum, into the boundaries covered by the plan and re-purposing space for recreation, including a park. Also up for discussion is the creation of a bay-front shuttle service, re-writing zoning language to allow the creation of a youth hostel, and identifying 2.5 acres or more to develop as publicly accessible open space.
More like this:
- Port redevelopment project to shut portion of W. Broadway — Jan. 19, 2013
- Port issues new rules for bayfront performers, artisans — Sept. 10, 2012
- Community gateway sign proposed for Barrio Logan — Aug. 21, 2012
- Port Taking Suggestions for Improvement Projects — Jan. 11, 2012
- Redeveloping Lane Field — July 26, 2011