7:45 p.m., June 29
County Gains 8000 Jobs in Month
San Diego County gained 8000 jobs between October and November and 26,600 jobs from a year earlier, according to the California Employment Development Department.
The unemployment rate dropped to 9.2% in November, down from a revised 9.7% in October, and down from 10.6% a year ago. The biggest employment gains were in retail trade, with jobs rising 4500.
Of course, this is a seasonal phenomenon. Still, overall, the data was encouraging.
More like this:
- SD unemployment rate drops — Dec. 21, 2012
- San Diego Gains Jobs, but Unemployment Rate Still above 10% — Jan. 21, 2011
- County Unemployment Drops in October — Nov. 19, 2010
- San Diego Unemployment Drops to 10.3% in November — Dec. 18, 2009
- San Diego Unemployment Rate Rises to 6.8% in October from 6.5% in September and 4.8% a Year Ago — Nov. 21, 2008