Various Authors 12:04 p.m., June 27
Chargers' Fabiani Joins Cancer Company Board
Add yet one more lucrative gig to the resume of Chargers special counsel and La Jollan Mark Fabiani, who has handled the personal travails of everyone from Al Gore and Bill Clinton to cyclist Lance Armstrong and rocker Madonna.
Besides leading the Chargers' seemingly ever-lasting search for a new taxpayer-subsidized stadium somewhere in San Diego county, ex-White House aide Fabiani is nationally known as a "master of disaster" for his deft skills at charming the media and spinning troublesome stories to his clients' best advantage.
Now he's being tapped for his public relations and marketing skills as a new board member of MELA Sciences, a publicly traded outfit based in Irvington, New York that is promoting a screening system for melanoma, an often deadly skin cancer.
"With FDA and CE Mark approval of our breakthrough product, MelaFind®, we are now a commercial-stage company, and we look to the expertise of our new directors in the fields of international sales and marketing, investor and public relations, accounting, business development, and strategic planning as we prepare for our first quarter 2012 product launches in the US and Germany," Joseph V. Gulfo, MD, the company's president and CEO, said in a news release today.
More like this:
- Whoever replaces Fabiani... — Nov. 30, 2015
- Breaking! New Chargers coach "Mike McCoy" revealed to be Chargers counsel Mark Fabiani — Jan. 30, 2013
- Fabiani and Filner’s Knife Fight? — Dec. 5, 2012
- Fabiani's Partner Making Movie About Flawed Politicos — Sept. 13, 2011
- Fabiani Quote Suggests Chargers L.A. Move May Be Done Deal — Oct. 23, 2009