Susan Luzzaro 6:30 p.m., July 31
DA Rejects Sexual Assault Case Against El Cajon Police Sergeant
On August 28, the El Cajon Police Department learned it was the subject of an investigation being performed by the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department in relation to an incident occurring the day prior, a release by the ECPD acknowledged today. The subject of the investigation was an alleged sexual assault concerning an ECPD sergeant, and was reported by a 20 year-old male ECPD volunteer.
After concluding their investigation, Sheriff’s officials turned the case over to District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis’ office. The DA rejected the case, citing a lack of evidence. El Cajon Police are now conducting their own internal investigation, and the sergeant in question remains on administrative leave, on which he was placed immediately upon notification of the incident. The department says that the investigation involves only one sergeant and one police volunteer.
More like this:
- Police officer struck by driver-less vehicle, car theft suspect escapes in La Mesa — May 9, 2013
- El Cajon tattoo artist wakes to discover burglary in progress — Feb. 5, 2013
- 33 Shots fired — Dec. 6, 2012
- El Cajon Police Shoot Knife-Wielding Man — March 1, 2012
- El Cajon Police Expose Iraqi/Mexican Drug Ring — Aug. 19, 2011