Laura Dvorak 5:47 p.m., Dec. 6
Richard Russell Recovering from Hip Replacement
Richard Russell, 87, publisher of one of the longest-running investment newsletters, Dow Theory Letters, is recovering from hip replacement surgery. He fell in the shower on October 22.
Russell started Dow Theory Letters in 1952 and has published it from La Jolla most of the years since. He has been writing for Barron's for decades and is one of the most-quoted market technicians in all media.
The Dow Theory is a form of stock market technical analysis derived from editorials written by Charles H. Dow, founder of the Wall Street Journal.
More like this:
- Bubbles: Greenspan, Bernanke could have learned something in San Diego — March 13, 2013
- Richard Russell Calls Primary Bear Market — June 11, 2012
- Do Manchester, Lynch Read Economic News? — Dec. 15, 2011
- Greed, Gambling Society — June 18, 2008
- Up, Up -- Then Bust? — June 21, 2007