Image

"Groundhog's Day"....it's been so long since i've seen it i'd forgotten all the important..salient and hilarious features....DOG it's smaltzy....and rude...and sarcastic and totally improbable....yet i found myself falling for the improbability like a hopeless dope on an IV of 15% Dextrose and with a smidge of silliness injected into the line...as OVER....and OVER...and OVER it's 6AM and Groundhog's day for Phil Murray...the dopey cerebral...clever and crass hero/antihero of the film

it's a cult classic of course...and each and everyone has their own individual reason to love it

MY REASON...it's the classic do-over film...the forever timeframe to get it right

...if only...

Roody2shoes and i were talking about that recently in her blog Baggage Claim

but this morning....at 6AM i got a little reward for keeping the faith....with a "i brought you coffee my love"....and A LARGE SLOPPY KISS RIGHT ON THE LIPS.....and a gentle thoughtful man slid under the covers and began to read me Robbie Burns cause maybe its his birthday....not my sweetie's...LOL....Robbie Burn's Birthday

and thanks to an experimental drug...my hubbie may be offering me a do-over...today at least.....

i'll admit i get very excited when these occurances which happen so rarely happen...as a climber my journey often feels like.... instead of putting my safeties in every 25ft.....i'm climbing the whole length of the 150ft. rope without ANY safeties in placed

and the laws of physics decree that a fall from that height will snap my back like a twig ....and daily i have to remind myself that i'm a VERY GOOD CLIMBER....and it's not always easy...because this doesn't happen often

so pipe in the Haggis and a big kiss to the lesson of Groundhog's Day.... that daily we can find personal new beginnings that are simply wonderful even if they don't last past sunset

Comments

nan shartel Feb. 4, 2012 @ 7:22 p.m.

need another blog from u sweetie...pretty please wd suga on top..hahahaha....

nan shartel Feb. 2, 2012 @ 7:06 a.m.

aaaaaaahhhh Mindy...those old ladies wield those bats because they have nothing to lose...maybe just an extra year or two on the physical plane...hahahahahahahahaha....

and if their aim is good enuff some other hapless oldster may be saved from a similar fate

but i'll agree with u..getting old can be scary...or freeing...it's depends on one perspective

Happy Groundhogs Day!!!

nan shartel Feb. 2, 2012 @ 7:36 a.m.

from my experience with my own dad who died at 81 and lived his last 5 years with me i learned a lot about how uncomfortable it feels to be old

my dad had a heart like squash..huge squishy thing that functioned poorly even after a huge heart surgery to fix several different things...he became mostly immobile due to that fact ...and he hated it

his mind was a bright as a copper penny to the bitter end...which may have not been for the best thing for him

what i found with him and myself is the mind doesn't age the way the body does...it may become more evolved...wiser...but all the thoughts of our youth still ply their trade amongst the neurons and synapses...and the emotional needs remain the same

we can still be surprised...we can still long for novelty..be passionate...creative... eager to learn....but to what end???

that's why i'm holding out 4 reincarnation...cause i wanna do it all over again....hahahahahahahahahaha

my body will be finished soon i suspect...but my mind still has a run into the future going on

look 4 a baby born with a keyboard in her/his hands and a perpetual smile on her/his face...that'll be me ;-D)

nan shartel Feb. 4, 2012 @ 5:22 p.m.

thx hunnypop...if i'm an adorable pit bull still adopt me won't u...hahahahaha

nan shartel Feb. 4, 2012 @ 7:02 p.m.

taking good care is a good idea Mindy

Radical Uterus Feb. 2, 2012 @ 9:09 a.m.

Hey nan, small moments trigger deep feelings.

Twister Feb. 2, 2012 @ 9:32 p.m.

Were I to dwell in the pits of my musings on futures of the future kind, forsaking that wonderful now, I might forget that what I fear most is NOT getting older; 'tis stopping growing that would be the pit of pits of, hell, Hell . . .

I muse not about what it all means nor why and just keep on keepin' on . . .

That I owe the magicians who gave me their treasures beyond treasure . . .

and to those who may care to sift my dust and pan what they can of shiny specks.

If any.

PS: Dinna dwadle lassies and laddies, an' dinna forget, 'tis frriction's brisk, rough rub 'at pr'vides the VITAL SPARK. (Apologies to Alexander Reid Martin)

nan shartel Feb. 4, 2012 @ 5:33 p.m.

i like my smoother stones twister...and hope to soon i won't finishing honing them in the river of life

i still have the flint in me to start a barn burning roar of a fire given the opportunity i'd do so

like ur dust homey ...thx for the comment

Tallsharon Feb. 3, 2012 @ 6:35 a.m.

I'm back. Sneaking in a bit of inspiration during the commute between work projects. Nan, loved this picture of a moment. It's so important to celebrate those. Sounds like we are on similar journeys but I got the long straw, if I can hold onto it.

made me remember caddy shack. I never watch those kind of movies. Never, almost, but I was raised on that type of humor. Disgusting, stupid, and funny as hell!

I'm banking on reincarnation too- I hope to come back with Tina Turners body and Ella Fitzgeralds voice on stage. On stage. Travel, love, and sing. That's it.

nan shartel Feb. 4, 2012 @ 5:35 p.m.

darn i wanted to be Tina Turner TS....oh well i can't have everything...dibs on a Marilyn Monroe with talent!!!

nan shartel Feb. 4, 2012 @ 7:03 p.m.

and Bill Murray is a comedy GOD...hahahahahahahahaha

nan shartel Feb. 5, 2012 @ 12:09 p.m.

i saw Ella in real life TS...at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion years ago

she was so blind she had to be escorted on stage and a kid about 20 stood up and yelled "you still got it lady"!!!

and he was right!!!

with a voice like that TS u won't need to look like Tina ;-D)