Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.

Comments

nan shartel Nov. 21, 2011 @ 2:39 p.m.

i hope this shows up on the blog page before Thanksgiving

quillpena Nov. 22, 2011 @ 1:08 p.m.

" ... the Greatest Nation on Earth." Our country is so awesome, sometimes it just makes me want to cry ... but I'm a guy, so I won't. Thanks for the clip, nan, very inspiring. Have a great Thanksgiving. If you ever get the chance, watch "The Munsters," Thanksgiving episode. Herman goes on a diet on Turkey Day. He has Gran'pa lock him in the dungeon basement clamped down on the lab table. Herman can't take it, and breaks free. He walks down suburban streets with his arms outstretched like Frankenstein's monster, on a quest for Thanksgiving dinner. It's hilarious.

nan shartel Nov. 23, 2011 @ 9:48 a.m.

cool!!!

the WKRP Cinninati show of the helicopter dropping frozen turkeys to the crowd is so funny u need a depends 2

ya got to watch it Quill!!!

Twister Nov. 22, 2011 @ 6:02 p.m.

Let's come back to this subject after you've read "Not for a Nation."

nan shartel Nov. 23, 2011 @ 9:49 a.m.

just a wish for those we love to know our gratitude Twister...not a political statement...happy hun ;-D

nan shartel Nov. 23, 2011 @ 1:04 p.m.

i can't find that book listed anywhere Twister...who is the author??

Ruth Newell Nov. 22, 2011 @ 7:36 p.m.

Well choreographed! On behalf of my two son in laws who serve and their family's (my daughters and grand children) who struggle in their absence, thank you! My own politics aside, I am ever proud of all of them for the sacrifices each and every one of them makes.

Happy Thanksgiving, Nan! Blessings and a bit 'o bliss for good measure!

nan shartel Nov. 23, 2011 @ 9:51 a.m.

a bit o bliss....i wonder if Walmart sells it

thx hun!!! ;-D

Ruth Newell Nov. 24, 2011 @ 7:48 a.m.

Lol...depends on what makes your toes curl! For the likes of me, a pint of Blueberry Crumble icecream might embark me on the path to glee.

nan shartel Nov. 24, 2011 @ 1:59 p.m.

4 me it would be a cooler crispy nite with a slightly open window snuggling with my honeypop in polar fleece sheets ;-D

quillpena Nov. 23, 2011 @ 10:52 a.m.

If I remember correctly, nan they were LIVE turkeys. And afterward, Mr. Carlson uttered contritely, "As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

nan shartel Nov. 23, 2011 @ 12:59 p.m.

u r SO right Quill...just think how many would have been on their way to the hospital if they had been frozen...

just another senior moment QP....hahahahahahahahaha...;-D