Marty Graham 5:30 p.m., Oct. 21
- Community Blog
- My Two Cents
Beauty and Brawling
Flowers, neighbors that say "hello"and some of the friendliest dogs you will ever meet characterize living in the Canyon Rim community in west Clairemont. The weedays are marked by friendly landscapers that are always quick with a smile. These artists can make the ugliest shrubs look like sculptures and can make the streets meticulously clean.
Sometimes in big cities like San Diego people seem to get lost in the equation. At Canyon Rim everybody is a friend that I haven't met yet. That's more than I can say for my family.
Although it is a condominium complex, the homes give one the impression that they are driving through a resort. In the surrounding area there sit homes that would make the average San Diegan jealous.
Tennis courts, a swimming pool, and a community clubhouse can give the impression of an oasis within the jewel that is Rose Canyon. However, if you like peace, don't open your windows when the kid next door plays his guitar. Man, he is lousy.
We are located near the Costco on Morena Blvd, and if boxing is your thing then stick around their parking lot on any Saturday afternoon. Housewives with shopping carts, SUV's full of kids, and monthly menstrual cramps make these women the toughest that you will ever meet.
More like this:
- Grand Canyon in the winter – best time to visit? — Feb. 19, 2015
- Meet Pierce Kavanagh, Co-Founder of This Weekend's Inaugural San Diego Surf Film Festival — May 9, 2012
- Their Own Paradise — May 3, 2007
- Seek out a melodious waterfall in Eaton Canyon, at the foot of the San Gabriel Mountains. — Feb. 3, 2005
- Do I Think We're Going to Be Together Forever? Yes. — Nov. 20, 1997