about me,

guilty

looking past fate

being late

don't like funerals

i am evolving

very good at struggling

not sure i have the answer

enjoy trying to figure myself out

surprises

sunrises

sad

hopeful

bad

good

misunderstood

don't touch me while i am thinking

drinking

someday in the future

the future may never come

are we done

not quite

sprite

shake hands

hug

kiss

wanna try having a kid

i probably won't like you

an hour

dinner

sour cream

baked potatoe

still learning how to do that

grow up

show emotion

fun

more than one

what's that all about

garbage

only happy when it rains

black

forever

Comments

Tallsharon Jan. 21, 2012 @ 4:30 p.m.

online dating. great for stories. not so great for finding a mate. ")

deepthinker Jan. 22, 2012 @ 7:44 a.m.

tallsharon oh i bet don't know i haven't tried ...

Ruth Newell Jan. 22, 2012 @ 8:42 a.m.

Tried.Hmmm.

As a Jewish Rastafarian woman with a thick NY accent once told me, I've had lots of love. Lots of types of love--doesn't matter that it hasn't been exactly what I needed or wanted at the time, or that it many not have lasted. She said that I was fortunate to have had experienced what came my way. From my family, from my friends, from my lovers. What stuck with me is 'came my way'.

Love has a way of doing that--finding us up no matter where we are hiding. Mates--true loves--that's not as easily found...but still, they cross our paths, too, whether we dare to take note or grab hold or not. So, finding doesn't seem to me to be the part that requires the effort. It's the keeping it part, the trusting in it and one another part, the stepping our egos out of its way part, the feeling we must muscle it into something its not part. At least for me that's how it is. But, you're the DeepThinker--sure you've got all this well covered:)

Ruth Newell Jan. 22, 2012 @ 8:43 a.m.

I particularly like the "probably won't like you" line.

richzombie Jan. 22, 2012 @ 9:12 a.m.

i skipped the section on- things not to say - i wrote these words down and didn't have a title - just couldn't come up with one seemed to fit or i was comfortable with but not sure about this one either - wonder what deepthinker thinks about the title ?

Tallsharon Jan. 22, 2012 @ 9:28 a.m.

r2 you captured it- I know the one if he's out there in this life isn't working a 9-5 for a government agency or a big corporation (could've launched it though) or even in this country. I don't have time to "look" or worry about it having 2 much fun!

Duhbya Jan. 22, 2012 @ 12:50 p.m.

No "e" in potato. Sorry, can't help it.

richzombie Jan. 22, 2012 @ 2:53 p.m.

thanks oops actually forgot the - s . was originally going to be mashed - don't mind corrections at all - glad that you read it - i did write another poem and spelled pumpkin - leaving out the p - on purpose ...never know with my writing - no caps no punctuation and spelling to sometimes suit the ryhme or whatever ...now what to do with mr.potato ?

quillpena Jan. 23, 2012 @ 11:18 a.m.

My favorite line is, "I probably won't like you," but to be perfectly accurate, it should be, "by the time the entree arrives, I will despise you as I do the chives."

richzombie Jan. 23, 2012 @ 11:51 a.m.

lol and then some !

i like yours much better ...i also despise chives ! i originally wrote -i probably won't like you in an hour -

things got moved around a tad after i came up with the title

nan shartel Jan. 23, 2012 @ 12:40 p.m.

if she reads ur poetry she probably will like u RZ...lolol ;-D)

richzombie Jan. 23, 2012 @ 1:43 p.m.

thanks ! that's a compliment right ?

or she might start drinking heavily ...

Ruth Newell Jan. 23, 2012 @ 6:30 p.m.

And Nan, as usual, is right on the money.

Ruth Newell Jan. 23, 2012 @ 6:29 p.m.

Yeah, I've heard all that before, too. Isn't it the difference though between being irritable and annoyed? Just saying...patience really IS a virtue else how would we ever come to know anyone's true colors. When nervous...I am so not myself. Think about the first impression you with all that negative energy from the get-go and cynicism present. Is THAT the you you care to put forth first and foremost? Although I--by now-- know it to be part of you, it's certainly not all of you. I don't know you from Adam but I know that much. I knew a man who told me he knew whether he liked a woman within the first few minutes. MINUTES! And if they managed to make it through that low threshold, whose to say they last say, oh, longer than a season. The "honey moon" phase? No matter how great those few months were, he'd still come up with an escape hatch, an excuse, justification as to why she wasn't right, or more accurately, why he wasn't right--or capable. I told someone I love more than I have words to describe that had I known certain things about him at first, I would have done just this--what you do--shut down and I wouldn't have ever gotten to know what a gem he really was under all that fear. Yeah, you heard me right. So, stuff that in your cyber pipe and smoke it.

richzombie Jan. 24, 2012 @ 7:41 a.m.

thinking that i wrote the majority of this without a title ...wonder what the posts would have been if i had picked a different title ?

nan shartel Jan. 24, 2012 @ 10:44 p.m.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!