clouds and crowds

don't much care for either

sunny soliloquy

has been my joy lately

thursday's kind clock

produces bushels of

gratitude for where i've landed

not forever

no matter

an island awaits

where and when i want it to be

earl grey

proper company

jazz playing

on a radio made in these united states

stirs the breeze

comfortably

not a party but that's alright with me

More like this:

Comments

nan shartel April 5, 2012 @ 12:51 p.m.

yep...opening day at Petco Park...beeeseball isn't very very good to thee...crowd wise

sending some sympathy over to go with that tea RZ

richzombie April 5, 2012 @ 3:51 p.m.

no sympathy needed - save that for those parking downtown - gotta love opening day - better be a crowd - not likely many sell outs the rest of the year - nice to see that people still like baseball - use to love everything about the game - my dad coached baseball - have fun ...

nan shartel April 6, 2012 @ 1:53 p.m.

i have to say i can only tolerate crowds 4 so long...but it is the parking that get on our last nerve...the trolley is the best way downtown

Ruth Newell April 5, 2012 @ 7:06 p.m.

Lovely! "Where and when I want it to be"! :)

richzombie April 5, 2012 @ 9:22 p.m.

thanks roody2 appreciate your comments about the poem !

and i have written a few poems of late from that spot ... and it doesn't have anything to do with baseball - lol .

Ruth Newell April 5, 2012 @ 11:54 p.m.

lol--

Good spot, Zman. Damn good spot. May you maintain. :)

quillpena April 7, 2012 @ 1:14 p.m.

I don't like crowds either, except when I'm at Disneyland. They just don't bother me there, I suppose because they and I are both there for the same reason--to have fun! So get the hell out of my way, 'cause I've got to get on Big Splash Mountain, motherfu**er!

richzombie April 7, 2012 @ 9:14 p.m.

Q - you got a point - it's been years but cannot recall the crowds being an issue at disney - but one year - guessing 15 years ago ? i got some kind of deal and stayed at the disney hotel and one of the perks was you get to enter the park an hour before everyone else - what a sight the streets the rides etc - nobody - never forget that visual

tomjohnston April 8, 2012 @ 1:59 p.m.

They still do that. For years and years, back when the girls were small, we had annual passports, back when it was only a couple of hundred bucks or so to get in any day of the year. Once a year or so, we used to take the girls to the hotel for vacation. It was cool to ride over to the park on the monorail and go in before anybody else got to go in. The girls liked it because they could get their pics with all of the characters without having to wait in line. I liked it because I could do Space Mountain a bunch of times without having to wait in line. Ahhh, the good old days. When you could go to Dland and not spend 500 or 600 dollars, just for a day!!!

richzombie April 9, 2012 @ 10:33 a.m.

tom - thanks for the comment - even though i did it only once ( around christmas ) it is a truly great memory - kudos to disney for getting into the conversation - considering the poems setting - haha

Tallsharon April 7, 2012 @ 6:05 p.m.

Never visit Ikea on a Sunday at noon. Panic attack, heart racing, get me the hell outa there.

Lovely thoughts. At this point in my life, most parties are over rated. I prefer the calm, the sound of the birds singing, and a sunny day

Ruth Newell April 8, 2012 @ 5:46 p.m.

From inside my hammock, my favorite place to be, I thought of your poem and also feel gratitude for where I am...not sure I've officially landed yet. Nope, know I haven't.

richzombie April 9, 2012 @ 10:37 a.m.

based on the posts - baseball - disney - your hammock - that island can be where and whenever - love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!