Hello, my name is Lily, or at least that's what this lady who I'm staying with at the moment calls me when she's talking to me. She is not a good photographer, because I am quite beautiful, small, fine-boned, long arms and legs and slender white paws. I have a winsome face and big jade-colored eyes.

Photobucket

This lady brought me here to this place. I think she tricked me. I smelled tunafish and went into this little space with a towel over it to eat the tuna and the next thing you know, I couldn't get out. I was a little scared, but this lady came and got me and brought me to this place where I am being cared for and loved and fed.

(Unfortunately, Lily can't find a home with me. She is very loving, sweet as can be, beautifully colored. She is a lap sleeper and a shoulder climber, loves to rub faces, young and energetic, curious, happy, gentle. I hope someone will contact my FCC friend, Kathy, at 619.675.9093, and offer her a good home.)

Here are some more pictures of me. I think this lady gave up trying to take a good picture because I wouldn't stay still! Thanks for making this lady happy by dropping in and admiring me! I will be going home soon, but it was nice to visit!

(sigh I wish Lily was going home ...)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Comments

nan shartel March 12, 2010 @ 10:09 a.m.

OMG that cat is a beauty...Calicos r so pretty...i can't have another pet or i'd take her

no matter what my little terrier said!!!

MsGrant March 12, 2010 @ 10:23 a.m.

I hope you find Lily a home, and thank you for being a friend to the strays. What a sweet face!!

CuddleFish March 12, 2010 @ 10:39 a.m.

Thanks, nan, she is a real beauty and if I didn't have five little cats already, I would take her. We are not supposed to take the cats out of their traps but she was so obviously tame that she had to have been someone's pet. Without a collar, and being outside, she came into the trap and now is considered a stray. Kathy will get her spayed and put her up for adoption.

MsGrant, she does have the sweetest, cutest little face. I snapped the piccies with my cel, wish my camera wasn't broken. I hope she will find a good home.

Thanks for taking a peek at her and your good wishes. :)

antigeekess March 12, 2010 @ 5:41 p.m.

Beautiful face. You might put up "Found" posters near the area she was trapped, since she's clearly been someone's pet.

CuddleFish March 12, 2010 @ 6:02 p.m.

Yes, I thought of that, but Kathy, who is the FCC person I partner with, feels this way: That a cat who is out without a collar is a stray, and the owner verging on irresponsible. She already came and picked her up. She will take her in to get spayed, then find her a home.

I could put up the posters anyway. What do you guys think?

antigeekess March 12, 2010 @ 6:12 p.m.

Do we have any idea if this cat is microchipped?

CuddleFish March 12, 2010 @ 6:38 p.m.

Lily has an appointment with a vet on Monday morning. If she has been spayed, they will check for microchipping. Honestly, though, around here, I seriously doubt it. Kathy has taken probably twenty cats out of this block and none of them have been spayed or neutered and many have contagious diseases. Most are feral, but some are tame. The ones that are tame have a better chance at health and good responsibles ownership if they are adopted out via Kathy; she has a rigorous adoption process and charges a substantial fee.

If there is an owner who is missing a cat and feels strongly about it, he or she will post notices, or come around the block, and I will find out about it. This has never happened, though.

MsGrant March 12, 2010 @ 8:27 p.m.

One thing - if you posted found posters, do not put a picture of the cat on it. Make the person calling described her down to the last detail. People can and do make money selling animals to medical testing facilities.

SDaniels March 12, 2010 @ 9:22 p.m.

Grant, excellent point!

Cuddle, Jessie didn't have a collar either, but she never went far from home or her yard. Her owner most definitely isn't irresponsible, and was providing her with complete medical care, best of food, and all the love conceivable. Victoria was despondent without her.

It sounds like Lily has been very well raised, too, and there might be a "Victoria" out there just eating her heart out.

I say do the posters, and whatever else AG did that resulted in our getting Jessie home.

AG? ;)

Oh--Lily is a beaut! She absolutely has some kind of Siamese, Himalayan, or something of the like in her--look at that amazing body structure, ear shape, and triangular head! Indeedy, this girly is missed by someone...

CuddleFish March 12, 2010 @ 9:47 p.m.

Yeah, I know ... Somebody's missing Lily tonight and wondering where she is.

antigeekess March 14, 2010 @ 1:52 p.m.

Re #9: I thought Siamese, based on body and face type, ears, etc.

Unfortunately, this is an entirely different kettle of kibble than we had with Jessie, where we had the owner and were looking for the cat -- quite a unique and easily identifiable purebred cat, at that.

Having a cat and seeking the owner is considerably more difficult. I'd go with the FOUND posters, and ads in the Found section of the local papers (the ones that are free, anyway).

You 'could' also take your Found flyer to the county animal shelters as well, or email them and the cat rescues with this blog link, just in case the owner checks those places for her.

Since we have no specific target here and the cat is already out of your hands, I'll leave it up to you, Cuddle.

antigeekess April 29, 2010 @ 11:08 p.m.

I hope this beautiful cat found a home.

I was sleuthing around this evening, and found this urgent request from the Rosebud Society: http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/CA1543.html

Cuddle, if you can help or know someone who can, please pass it along. Thanks.