Don Bauder 7:30 p.m., Oct. 24
- Community Blog
- Living San Diego through a Tourist's Eyes
How to save the world while dining out
Two chain restaurants are collaborating with non-profit organizations and asking for patrons to help raise money for these causes. Chili's is working with St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital; and Joe's Crab Shack is working with No Kid Hungry.
Chili's is asking diners to eat out Monday, September 23, 2013 so they can donate 100 percent of their net proceeds to St. Jude's. St. Jude's is a research organization searching for cures of life threatening diseases that are affecting children.
The last day to help Joe's Crab Shack raise money for No Kid Hungry is Sept. 30. Until then, those who donate $5 will receive a free appetizer. With a $10 donation, donors will receive a free crab bucket. According to their website, No Kid Hungry's priority is
No child should grow up hungry in America, but one in five children struggles with hunger. Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign is ending childhood hunger in America by ensuring all children get the healthy food they need, every day.
For more detailed information, please be sure to check with each restaurant. Who knew you could help save the world by doing something you might have done on your own anyway?
More like this:
- Anatomy of an ad campaign: Our Gang comedies, 1922 - 1938 — Oct. 3, 2013
- Origins: James Cameron's Piranha Part 2: The Spawning — Sept. 30, 2013
- Love Cupcake "stands up for kids" - Eat a cupcake; help homeless youth — Sept. 26, 2013
- Name That Logo: Deluxe Warner Bros. Edition — Sept. 19, 2013
- Casting call: Headlock'd: The Bob Filner Story — Aug. 26, 2013