Mike Madriaga 1:31 p.m., Sept. 27
- Community Blog
My 2.5 cents worth
Is this a purely North Park phenomena or is it widespread? I'm referring to the practice of cutting or bending pennies almost in half and leaving them behind on the sidewalks. It's like an urban bread crumb trail leading to...the bus stop? No, no accumulation of coinage. How about the Wendy's up on El Cajon? Nah...doesn't seem like you'd mutilate coins before eating. Seems more like a boredom thing.
The latest twist (ha, ha) is nickels instead of pennies. I would blame inflation but I thought we were in a recession. Although a nickel is like an inflated penny, I guess.
Maybe the coin cutter got a job! Way to stimulate the econonmy, dude!
Ahhhh...now I can sleep soundly.
G'night, North Parkers.
More like this:
- San Diego Treasure Hunters. We're Not As Nerdy As You Think. — Oct. 29, 2008
- Elitist earlobes — May 15, 2005
- Can you beat a Brethalyzer with a penny? And is Susan Lucci really Phyllis Diller's daughter? — June 27, 2002
- Is it wrong to scoop money from a public fountain? — Jan. 20, 2000
- An Even Break — April 25, 1985