Dave Rice 7:30 p.m., Jan. 26
- Community Blog
- I've Got Issues
The Building Industry's Voter Guide: Who Not to Vote For
Here it is people. No suprises here.
Jan Goldsmith: City Attorney, April Boling: Dist 7, Todd Gloria: Dist 3, Phil Thalheimer: Dist 1
This is great! It tells me exactly who and what NOT to vote for. If you want to take back control of the city vote:
Mike Aguirre, Marti Emerald, Sherri Lightner, Stephen Whitburn
"BIA lobbies against excess government regulation and policies that make it harder or more expensive to build in the region. We also advance positive legislative solutions built around the private sector expertise of our members."
"BIA's member benefit programs and services have been developed to ensure your continued growth and success."
Excessive government: like neighborhood demolition notification, like interim height ordinances, like a living wage for employees, like public parks, like ANY sort of historic preservation.
Is this what we really want?.
More like this:
- Who and What is SD's Most Powerful Special Interest, the Building Industry, Pushing This Election — June 6, 2010
- Looks Like the GOP May Have Managed to Buy the City Attorney's Race — Oct. 28, 2008
- Aguirre : The People's Choice — Oct. 27, 2008
- Jan Goldsmith: Who's Behind Him and Why? — Oct. 25, 2008
- City of Artless Politics — Dec. 2, 1999