Matt Potter 2:30 p.m., Nov. 27
- Community Blog
- I've Got Issues
Know Your Rights at the Polls
Hey everyone, get your game faces on! Take nothing for granted, we have got to be ready for anything. This is some great advice from the Center for Justice Advice on Fighting Voter Fraud:
1: If you get to the polls and they tell you you are not on the list, insist on getting a "provisional" ballot.
2: If there is a problem w/ the voting machines, insist on an "emergency ballot" (aka paper). Dont leave w/o filling out a ballot. It is your right.
3: Take a camera. make sure the ballot boxes are sealed. A lawsuit was filed in August because thousands of ballots were delivered to the San Diego Registrars office without seals.
"Election workers at county headquarters accepted unsealed and unsigned boxes of ballots for processing, according to statements from volunteers who observed the February tally. A troubleshooting log indicated dispatchers told poll workers not to worry about missing seals after the county ran out of the red locking tabs." San Francisco Examiner
4: 1-866-our-vote: Call to report any problems or issues.
And go rock the vote!!!
More like this:
- Who Runs Our Elections and How Safe Actually are They? — Nov. 2, 2010
- No Picture-Perfect Vote — March 10, 2010
- Is San Diego's Voting System Secure? Who's Running This Show? — Nov. 4, 2008
- Walk the Vote! A Pre-emptive Strike on Voter Fraud in Our Fine City — Oct. 17, 2008
- Voting Made Simple — Sept. 12, 2002