Various Authors 4:55 p.m., July 23
Second Arrest in Ahlyja Pinson Murder Case
Two men held, no charges yet.
A second arrest has been made in the New Year's Eve murder of 14-year-old Ahlyja Pinson. Orlando Durante, 48, was booked on Janaury 24 for suspicion of murder. Durate is homeless and frequents Balboa Park, downtown San Diego, and Golden Hill. Although not yet officially charged, he is being held on a immigration violation.
Antero Salmeron Cruz, 20, an acquaintances of the victim, was arrested on January 10, but prosecutors decided against charging him four days later; he is being held on an unrelated violation of his probation from an auto-theft conviction in February 2007.
SDPD Homicide beleive both men are involved, however, and are working non-stop on the case.
More like this:
- Defendant who admitted stabbing is declared guilty of second degree murder — Oct. 10, 2013
- Baja fugitive arrested in Utah — Jan. 19, 2013
- Girl Indentified in Brutal New Year's Eve Murder — Jan. 9, 2008
- Another Arrest in Slain Sailor Case — Nov. 7, 2007
- No Middle Ground — July 6, 1995