Julie Stalmer 6:30 p.m., July 23
Estranged Ex-Boyfriend Wields a Big Kitchen Knife
Ex-boyfriend seeks ex-girlfriend, murders her grandfather and stabs her mother.
7200 Werner, University City
April 6, 3:30 p.m.
Mark Lin seems to have paid a visit to his ex-girlfriend's residence, looking for her. He is believed to have fatally stabbed his ex-girlfriend’s 71-year-old grandfather, according to SDPD Homicide's Lt. Kevin Rooney.
Lin is also suspected to have stabbed his ex-girlfriend's 43-year-old mother, who underwent surgery and remains hospitalized.
The mother’s condition is uncertain right now.
The ex-girlfriend was not at the house at the time of the incident.
Lin was arrested about 5:15 a.m. on April 7, after police located him on the Camp Pendleton Marine Corps base in Oceanside.
Lin was booked into county jail on suspicion of murder, attempted murder and several various domestic violence charges.
More like this:
- Defendant who admitted stabbing is declared guilty of second degree murder — Oct. 10, 2013
- Potts Booked for Strangulating Ex- and Son — Jan. 30, 2008
- Drunk Man Shoots, Kills Girlfriend's Sister — Dec. 19, 2007
- Child Dies from Apparent Negligence — Aug. 29, 2007
- Man Slits Own Throat — Aug. 29, 2007