Don Bauder 3:30 p.m., Jan. 21
10-Year-Old Girl Dies in Vista
A mysterious death under investigation.
200 East Connecticut, Vista September 12, 7:05 p.m. Sheriff’s Dept. 33.206181, -117.243736
Deputies from the Vista’s Sheriff Station responded with the Vista Fire Department to a medical aid call. They found an 10-year-old girl not breathing in a front yard of a home.
Medical aid was given to the girl by deputies and paramedics. The girl was then transported to Tri-City Hospital. The girl did not survive her injuries and was pronounced deceased by the hospital staff.
The medical examiner's office has identified the girl as Monica Torres.
Sheriff’s Homicide detectives responded to the scene to investigate. The investigation is continuing. Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call the Homicide Detail at 858-974-2321 or Crime Stoppers at 888-580-8477.
More like this:
- Murder suspect in custody three years with no evidence presented yet — July 21, 2013
- Man rescued from house fire in El Cajon — July 19, 2013
- Story of a Trailer Park Homicide — Jan. 30, 2008
- A Stabbing in Fallbrook — Nov. 28, 2007
- Man Brings Lover Roses Then Shoots Her — Aug. 9, 2007