Daniel Powell 1:06 p.m., Jan. 22
The Mystery of the Scattered Body Parts
Sheriff's Search and Rescue Unit look for the rest of a man in Valley Center.
29000 Anthony Road, Valley Village November 20th, 9:00 a.m. Sheriff’s Dept. 33.238865, -117.054077
Human remains were fund in the front yard of a residence.
Sheriff’s personnel from the Valley Center Station, Homicide Detail and Crime Lab responded to the scene. Once the findings were confirmed to be, in fact, the remains of a human being, volunteers with the Sheriff’s Search and Rescue Unit went to the scene.
They conducted a search for the rest of the body. Later, they discovered what they believed to be the body of an adult male in a ravine approximately 200 yards from the initial discovery site.
The identity of the remains, or how this happened, is unknown. The investigation is underway.
More like this:
- Man who rescued domestic violence victim was rammed by car — Jan. 22, 2013
- Body found inside burning car in Jamul — Sept. 21, 2012
- Home Invaders in Search of Past Tenant — Sept. 1, 2010
- Murdered Wife Buried in Back Yard — Nov. 14, 2007
- Remains of Two Found in Poway — Oct. 31, 2007