Susan Luzzaro 9 p.m., Aug. 20
- Community Blog
American killed in downtown Tijuana
Carlo Arturo Ochoa, 28 years old, and originally from the United States was murdered on the sidewalk in front of the Black Bull bar on calle Ocho, between Constitución and Revolución, last Sunday around noon. Tijuana police captured the three aggressors, identified as Nicolás Uriel Solórzano Martínez, Rodolfo Becerra Cortinas and José de Jesús Leal Gallardo, 27, 39 and 33 years old, respectively. They all worked as bodyguards at a nightclub named "La Ferretería" on calle Sexta.
According to the story related by the attackers, they went to the Black Bull bar after their shift as security guards at "La Ferretería" where the became drunk and argued with their victim. They became enraged when Carlo Arturo Ochoa shouted, "Up with Tijuana!" when they were shouting, "Up with the Barrio!" They followed him outside and shot him five times in the back.
All three of the murderers had been deported from the United States, where one has a criminal record for robbery and violence.
Staff from the US Consulate in Tijuana confirmed that Carlo Arturo Ochoa was originally from the United States, as well as reporting that they are in contact with his relatives, to whom they sent their official condolences.
More like this:
- Baja State Secretary of Security Admits Murders Are Increasing — June 15, 2013
- Two bodyguards of Rosarito's police chief beat up law student — May 18, 2013
- American murders a Canadian in San Felipe, Baja California — May 6, 2013
- Only 17 and he already killed 9 people — March 12, 2013
- The Wanted and the Unwanted — June 22, 2011