Marty Graham 4:30 p.m., Feb. 24
U-T Sues Supplier for Touted "Daily Deal"
The Union-Tribune has been boasting of the success of its "Daily Deal" promotion, in which it touts steep discounts of 50% and more at businesses. Recently it wrote a purported news story bragging how a deal to give a 60% discount on a summer camp session had generated $366,035. However, on Monday the U-T filed suit against Shoutback Concepts, dba Click-N-Shout, based in Cleveland. According to the breach of contract suit filed in federal court in San Diego, Shoutback was to process transactions and collect funds from individuals taking advantage of the Daily Deals. But the U-T says Shoutback collected $573,167.18 that it owes the U-T, and has ignored repeated demands to give the sum back. Thanks to Matt Potter for passing this item along.
More like this:
- Del Martian files suit against U-T owner, now called Tronc — June 2, 2016
- U-T Manchester's foundation gives out of town — May 9, 2013
- North County Times online archives awash in the ether — April 2, 2013
- U-T offers settlement related to complaints about gift certificate business — Jan. 9, 2013
- Union-Tribune Circulation Plummets, Says Trade Magazine — Nov. 1, 2007