Don Bauder 9:30 p.m., March 30
San Diego Home Values Beat the Field in November. But...
San Diego County home values rose 0.1% in November from October -- the only metro area among the top 20 to gain, according to the latest Standard & Poor's/Case-Shiller home price indices. San Diego's values rose 2.6% from a year ago. Only three other cities of the top 20 registered gains: Los Angeles (2.1%), San Francisco (0.4%), and Washington DC (3.5%). However, the national housing scene is not bright, says David Blitzer of S&P. "The housing market has experienced an unambiguous deceleration in home price returns," says Blitzer. "A double-dip could be confirmed before Spring." San Diego home values are now down 36% from the peak in November of 2005.
More like this:
- San Diego Still Shines in Case-Shiller Numbers, but.... — June 29, 2010
- San Diego Shines in Wobbly Case-Shiller Numbers — May 25, 2010
- San Diego Shines Amid Gloomy Housing News — April 27, 2010
- Local Housing Values Up, but Pace of Gain Slowing — Feb. 23, 2010
- Seven Straight Home Price Gains for San Diego — Jan. 26, 2010