Lisa Bruhn 10:04 a.m., March 28
Breakfast on the go!
Look out mama, I'm in the road again...
Song buzzes through my mind as we rock north on the Amtrak Surfliner. Heading for Laguna Beach.
"Okay, this isn't the Orient Express," says Tuan, the guy in charge of this Sea View Cafe on board the train. "But I can help you make this a little more gourmet."
He's talking about the Top Ramen chicken noodles I've just bought ("Cup O Noodle", $2.25). He goes out of sight for a moment and comes back with a chilled wedge of lime, and a new bottle of Tabasco.
And you know what? It works.
Honestly, there's nothing I like better than eating and traveling.
At the same time.
I also got a breakfast sandwich with a sausage patty, eggs and cheese in a bun ($4.25), and a cawfee ($1.75).
More songs drift through my head. "Rollin' Rollin' Rollin', Keep those dawggies rollin..."
"Up the stairs please," says Tuan for the 20th time. He has to say it to passengers getting on at each station we stop at. Folks have gotta have their tickets checked in their seats first.
And wow: They also have Arrogant Bastard beer ($8) and Smallish bottles of, like Coppola Merlot ($15).
Hey, if I have the ready on the way back, we might just go there.
Is there any better reason to sell your car?
More like this:
- ComicFest Day 3 Photo Report: Russ Heath, Batton Lash, more — Oct. 7, 2013
- A closer look at the trailer for Animal Farm — Oct. 23, 2012
- Comic Fest on Hotel Circle, Day Three: Photo Report — Oct. 21, 2012
- Comic Fest on Hotel Circle, Day Two: Photo Report — Oct. 21, 2012
- Comic Fest on Hotel Circle, Day One: Photo Report — Oct. 19, 2012