Ian Anderson 5 p.m., March 23
Burgers, brew, and bourbon
Eureka! Burger brings booze and buns to the UTC mall
Yet another burger chain is set to hit San Diego soon. The newly revamped UTC mall in University City will soon become home to the seventh Eureka! Burger, a chain that opened its first location in Redlands in 2009.
Eureka! Burger’s menu has family friendly appetizers, salads and sides, reworked just enough to make them stand out a bit from more typical mall food. Burgers are dressed up in everything from fig marmalade to an intriguing take on a veggie burger made with beets. All patties are vegetarian fed, hormone and antibiotic free Angus beef; gluten free, turkey, veggie, and “naked” (bunless) options are available at no extra charge. Prices range from $9 for a basic burger to $15 for a bison version, fries included.
A full bar, thirty craft beers on tap, and another thirty small batch and boutique bourbons round out the libations.
Eureka! Burger is slated to open mid-December.
Westfield UTC Mall
4353 La Jolla Village Drive
More like this:
- Never mind Bullock’s — Target is the future of dying malls — July 27, 2016
- Uni’s best beer bet — March 12, 2015
- Taking salt and pepper off The Counter — March 8, 2013
- Eureka! I've found a Grade F veggie burger! — March 7, 2013
- Burger Time in Bressi Ranch — Dec. 22, 2011