Various Authors 8:01 p.m., July 24
Le Dîner á San Diego
A few weeks ago, I told you about Le Dîner á San Diego, the flash mob pop-up picnic inspired by Le Dîner en Blanc, held annually in Paris.
The event, which takes place on May 25, 2012, from 6 pm till 10 pm, will be held at a location revealed only an hour before the event begins.
Registration to host a table of four opens on Sunday, March 25, at 9:00 am. Registration cost is $25 per person, which covers the venue, entertainment, table rental and basic comfort amenities.
You can also register for the waitlist via email through the event website. On Sunday you’ll be sent a response confirming your table – you’ll have to reply within a week or the table goes up for grabs.
Guests at Le Dîner events dress elegantly in white, and bring everything a stylish picnic/dinner party needs with them, including chairs, table settings and linens, candles and flowers, all white, as well as food and drinks of any hue. Also de rigueur are white plastic bags to take your trash home for disposal, leaving no trace of what’s transpired.
May 25, 2012 (rain or shine)
6:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Location: TBA (outdoors)
More like this:
- Feast's top-dozen posts of 2012 — Jan. 1, 2013
- Dîner en Blanc: White the heck? — Sept. 27, 2012
- Le Dîner à San Diego Announces Partnerships — May 9, 2012
- San Diego's First International Surf Film Festival at Bird's Surf Shed — April 20, 2012
- Le Dîner à San Diego: Evening in White — Feb. 13, 2012