Julie Stalmer 4:30 p.m., July 4
Ikea: Free Lunch? No. Free Breakfast, Yea!
Shout out to Elizabeth Salaam.
Her Ikea idea (Ikea Meatballs, Feb 29) was great. Greater than I realized. Came here this morning around ten, and guess what? Free breakfasts!
Mondays only, till 11 a.m. Guess they want to kick-start their shopping week.
This is at the Ikea superstore, 2149 Fenton Parkway, Upper Mission Valley, 619-563-4523.
You come up to the restaurant from the ground level entrance
The chef, Clinton, says it's always popular.
Clinton hands me my free! breakfast
I guess so. You get scrambled eggs, bacon, and home fries. Nothing spectacular, but nice, clean, and enough.
Yes, lots of squirming babies. And shopping carts, but hey. You can't get better than zero.
Even when you pay on other days, it's only $1.99. And refillable coffees are only 75 cents.
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- Fish Fetish - PB Fish Shop — Feb. 29, 2012
- Take Your Valentine to a Movie! — Feb. 14, 2012
- Unexpected Beatles Art: Fab 4 Turns Up in the Oddest Places — Feb. 11, 2012
- The Title or Trailer Game III: The List is Life — Feb. 2, 2012