Garrett Harris noon, April 25
Dog friendly restaurants and bars are getting to be pretty common, and a new place in the Hillcrest/Banker's Hill neighborhood will add to the venues for dining with your four-legged friends.
Sally and Henry's Doghouse Bar & Grill will be located on Fifth Avenue, about a block and a half north of Upas.
I met Sally and Henry, along with their niece, this Saturday while they were hard at work building a new bar. They were kind enough to answer a few questions and let me take some pictures.
They plan to serve breakfast, lunch and dinner, and brunch on weekends. The menu will be American style, including burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, and vegetarian items.
A large courtyard in the back will allow humans and pets alike dine al fresco.
Sally and Henry are currently navigating the San Diego restaurant/bar permitting process, and are hoping for a late July/early August opening.
3515 5th Avenue
San Diego, CA 92103
More like this:
- A gallery of 33 vintage posters from Hollywood's Golden Age of cartoons — June 12, 2013
- Blind Burro: Busy being born — Dec. 7, 2012
- Charlize Theron, Conflicted Soul — June 7, 2012
- Sima's Grill & Deli — June 7, 2012
- Only in Hillcrest — April 29, 2012