Dorian Hargrove 8 p.m., Dec. 11
I saw the open doors at Brooklyn Girl Eatery, the new Michael and Victoria McGeath restaurant, so I stopped to see what was happening.
The McGeaths, who previously owned Trattoria Acqua in La Jolla, signed their lease on Goldfinch Avenue last May and hoped to be open Fall 2011. We know how those things go.
As fortune would have it, Michael McGeath was on the premises, although he was multitasking like crazy, talking to the workers inside first and then greeting three men outside who had a scheduled meeting with him.
I didn't want to impose, since I just showed up unannounced, but he graciously took time to tell me that they plan to be open in late February and that Tyler Thrasher is still on board as their executive chef.
Brooklyn Girl will serve breakfast, lunch, dinner. Addtionally, they will have a full "artisanal" bar with locally produced beers on tap and an "extensive and affordable" wine list.
Also in the works is a "chef's pantry" offering daily selections of prepared, to-go salads, pasta, sandwiches, and entrees.
4033 Goldfinch Street
San Diego, CA 92103
No phone yet.
More like this:
- Mission Hills' New (Brooklyn) Girl Gets New Guy — Feb. 22, 2012
- On the Roundabout: Beaumont's Eatery — Jan. 30, 2012
- More "Meet the New Hollywood, Same as the Old Hollywood" — Jan. 19, 2012
- The "In CinemaScope" Quiz — Jan. 3, 2012
- Long-Time SD Restaurateurs Announce Chef for New Eatery — Sept. 1, 2011