Ed Bedford 6 p.m., March 29
Beach Bar On B: Tide Out?
Is W's beach under threat?
W, the hotel that gave us The Beach Bar two stories above street level, is redoing itself.
And that means that The Restaurant — that kinda cool corner place at Columbia and B with the sandy-colored outside curtains and the bricky feel — is down for the count.
Something, probably different, is promised for “Spring.”
And talking of sandy, the same applies to the Beach Bar, the really cool place a couple of stories up with its own actual beach, too. Staff I talked to can’t promise that the beach of The Beach will be back. Sigh. Life can be a beach.
Meanwhile the corner, upstairs and down, is, as they say, dark.
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- Take Your Valentine to a Movie! — Feb. 14, 2012
- Unexpected Beatles Art: Fab 4 Turns Up in the Oddest Places — Feb. 11, 2012
- The Title or Trailer Game III: The List is Life — Feb. 2, 2012
- 100 Worst Album Covers of All Time — May 25, 2011