Don Bauder 3:30 p.m., April 30
Buzzed in Sorrento Valley: Zumbar Coffee
Zumbar Coffee is tucked away in a tiny strip off Sorrento Valley Road in the Golden Triangle, right near the train station. Despite the obscure setting, it's a favorite spot of students and workers in the many surrounding technology parks.
Coffee is roasted on the premises, using a vintage cast iron roaster.
The folks at Zumbar can sure make a great Americano. I've mentioned before how difficult it is to find a good one, it's not just pouring hot water into whatever comes out of the machine. I had two Americanos ($2.75) on my visit (which I will regret later when I am up at 3 am), made by two different people, and the results were spot on both times, very consistent. And they use those nice thick mugs that keep it hot for a good long time.
There's a small selection of baked goods to go with your drink, made by Opera Patisserie, and bottled juices are available.
Image source: Zumbar Coffee website.
Zumbar's menu has a daily French press coffee, two daily espressos and a daily cold brew, free wifi, and beans available for purchase.
10920 Roselle Street #106
San Diego, CA 92121
Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday: 7:30am - 1:30pm
Free lot parking.
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- Take Your Valentine to a Movie! — Feb. 14, 2012
- Unexpected Beatles Art: Fab 4 Turns Up in the Oddest Places — Feb. 11, 2012
- It's all French at Jason’s Coffee Cart — Feb. 7, 2012
- The Title or Trailer Game III: The List is Life — Feb. 2, 2012