Brandon Hernández 9 a.m., March 10
Peachy Lunch at Madeleine's
Delish crêpe special today at Café Madeleine (2248 30th Street, South Park, at Juniper, 619-544-1735). It’s the peach vanilla, filled with jam imported from France. Special's on till they run out, for $6.
I like this place, because, well, it's the one with the most French feeling around, just for its eclectic interior...
...and outside with red 1920s Parisian décor and wicker chairs and marble-top tables. You feel kinda transported. Is that Pablo (Picasso, Picasso!) sitting down at the next table? Plus they have Illy coffee.
If you’re into savory, I had a pretty interesting (and filling) chicken with béchamel, blue cheese, pear, and walnut ($7).
It’s one of the “crêpes salées" (savory). Another good one: beef with horseradish, caramelized onion, and tomato for $8. Or for a dollar more, make it a panini.
But not me. Crêpe is like a hot, delicate, tortilla but only half as thick. Twice as sexy.
Dunno. Guess it just has that je ne sais quoi (heh heh) about it.
More like this:
- The Movie-Studio Logo Quiz: A New Beginning — Dec. 19, 2011
- The Crazy Credits, Crawls, and Cautionary Warnings Quiz — Sept. 30, 2011
- The Movie Studio Logo Quiz: The Adventure Continues — Sept. 19, 2011
- Tunisian Revolution — Aug. 8, 2011
- Comic-Con Days 1 - 4 Photo Funnies — July 25, 2011