Ian Pike noon, Dec. 5
Walking down Beech between 30th and, uh 30th (don’t ask. It’s that dogleg thing). Alchemy’s on the other corner.
Here…a nice wide sidewalk, semi-enclosed by wrought iron...
...and a little low building with little churchy-looking stained-glass windows showing steaming coffee cups at head level.
Whu…? This would make a perfect terrace café! This has to have been a perfect terrace café. Why is it empty?
And hey. Why can’t I move in and open, say, Café Ed? (OK, because I can’t organize my way out of a paper bag. I know that now. Years of losing wallets, cell phones, socks, bus tix..you don’t have to convince me.)
But why isn’t anyone else jumping at this? It would sure add to this li’l neighborhood.
Turns out this used to be Santos coffee shop. I hear they still have a nice little one up at 32nd Street at Thorn. (Must check it out. Stay tuned.)
Meantime hello! Perfect café site. Over here!
All I ask is 10 percent for the idea…
More like this:
- A Pizza New Zealand — Sept. 21, 2011
- The Movie Studio Logo Quiz: The Adventure Continues — Sept. 19, 2011
- Favorite (Wannabe) Café Terraces (Cont') — Aug. 30, 2011
- Dog With a View — Aug. 2, 2011
- Comic-Con Days 1 - 4 Photo Funnies — July 25, 2011