Don Bauder 7:30 p.m., Oct. 24
Something New: Thai on Park
It’s nine, ten at night. You can hear the clanging of work behind closed doors. In University Heights, the really cute small-shop cluster of eateries on Park Boulevard, where it ends at Adams.
Curiosity gets the better of me. I knock on a door. It opens and ta-dah! Four people look up from their work and say “Hi!”
Kate, Jinda, Sam, Paul.
Now I see the sign above. “Bahn Thai.” I see we're at 4646 Park Boulevard.
“It means 'Thai House.' We're opening this weekend,” says Sam. "Phone number's 619-299-6363."
“Soft opening, if we’re ready,” says Paul.
“It’ll be traditional Thai and not expensive,” says Kate. “Like $4.99 to $8.99.”
“And no MSG, and dishes for lactose intolerant people, and plenty of vegetarian,” says Jinda.
“This is the sixth restaurant I have opened,” says Sam. “Most in the Midwest. So the food should be good from the start.”
Sam punches the air outside
I leave them to get back to their hammering and painting.
More like this:
- The Title or Trailer Game III: The List is Life — Feb. 2, 2012
- The Movie Studio Logo Quiz III: The Heretic — Nov. 14, 2011
- The Crazy Credits, Crawls, and Cautionary Warnings Quiz — Sept. 30, 2011
- Al's Always Open — Aug. 31, 2011
- Comic-Con Days 1 - 4 Photo Funnies — July 25, 2011