Ian Anderson 2 p.m., Oct. 22
Chance would be a good thing. And it was. But Chance Bistro (926 Orange Avenue, Coronado), the little “Modern Mexican” eatery that has been a quirky presence in the beach town for the best part of the decade, closed its doors this week.
Even though it was named one of the top 150 San Diego restaurants in 2009.
The cooking was a fusion of Mexican, French, Italian. Medium expensive. Had a couple of Carla's birthdays there. "Their spaghetti and clams was wonderful," she says. "European way. Simple. I just remember the olive oil, the garlic, the clams."
Guess the next birthday could be sandwiches, 'cause Chance's neighbors (at WineStyles) say the site will become Which Wich?, a sandwich franchise (the chain’s out of Dallas, Texas).
Kinda logical: that’ll put it right up against its other very busy neighbor, Burger Lounge.
More like this:
- The Title or Trailer Game III: The List is Life — Feb. 2, 2012
- The Crazy Credits, Crawls, and Cautionary Warnings Quiz — Sept. 30, 2011
- The Movie Studio Logo Quiz: The Adventure Continues — Sept. 19, 2011
- Meet the New Hollywood, Same as the Old Hollywood — Sept. 2, 2011
- Comic-Con Days 1 - 4 Photo Funnies — July 25, 2011