Robert Bush noon, March 26
Correction! (Re: Donovan's)
Never believe a press release. I shouldn't either. It's happened before -- when will I learn? So now I owe lots of apologies.
In a blog post about the new chef at Donovan's Prime Seafood downtown, I passed on some incorrect information from the restaurant's email press release announcing his arrival, which rather incoherently implied that the chef had been honored by France's Relais et Chateuax organization, "inducted" by great No-Cal chef Thomas Keller.
Apparently, that's not how new chefs get inducted. (I still don't know how that happens, after visiting Relais' website.) But the honor belongs to the Del Mar restaurant Addison, its exec chef William Bradley, and its team -- which does include Chef Kemar Durfield, the chef moving to Donovan's, who served at Addison as chef de cuisine.
Chef Durfield still has great credentials, and I look forward to trying his cooking at Donovan's (when I can afford it). I apologize to him, above all -- I eat crow, actually (but whoever wrote that deceiving press release oughta eat seagull). And, of course, I apologize to the readers.
More like this:
- Musical Chef Shuffle at Donovan's Prime Seafood — June 11, 2012
- Donovan’s Wades 20,000 Leagues Beyond Beefy Comfort Zone — Dec. 7, 2011
- Donovan's Downtown Gets Fishy with Hot New Chef — Oct. 25, 2011
- Changes on the scene — Feb. 7, 2011
- new chef at Blanca - hot hot hot! — July 4, 2010