Garrett Harris 8 p.m., Nov. 21
All-Day Happy Hour
I came across Brant Sarber the other day, last met on black-out night when he kept his Mexican eatery, Costa Azul (1031 Orange Avenue, Coronado, 619-435-3525), open for as long as they had candles and cool beer. Lot of friendships made that night.
But now, he says, we’re in the slump time of year. Even for Coronado. Summer’s gone, the Zonies have flown back to Phoenix, the Canadians haven’t arrived from Ottawa.
What to do?
“We’re extending happy hour to all day, from 11 a.m. till close,” Brant says. "Every day except Saturday."
Wow. That means $2.95 tacos (my fave: the Doc Eaton in a crispy shell with ground beef, sour cream, cheese, salsa, lettuce) and $5 California burritos, or that über-filling white-bean/pork chili verde "soup" for $4. Or, if you’re really hurting, chips and salsa for $1.75.
Sailor mascot salutes all Happy Hour warriors
Whatever, let’s take Coronado while we can afford it, people!
More like this:
- Melancholia Star Kirsten Dunst Laments the Roles She Lost Due to Big-Breastedness — Oct. 11, 2011
- Breakfast at Tiffany's Turns 50! — Oct. 5, 2011
- It's Raining (Vodka) at Nicky Rottens — Sept. 30, 2011
- Comic-Con Days 1 - 4 Photo Funnies — July 25, 2011
- 100 Worst Album Covers of All Time — May 25, 2011