Dorian Hargrove 8 p.m., Dec. 11
I’ve got one thing to say about JJ’s: steak sliders.
For $6.99 you get three of them, little buns with big slabs of steak in them, slippery with grilled onions.
Kelsey brings seven-bucks' worth of late-nite heaven
With a Miller Lite draft ($2.50 on this night) and tax, you’re full for ten bucks and three cents, tax included. Okay, leave a couple of bucks for tip.
But for Gaslamp, late night, it’s not a bad deal. One, they’re tasty, and two, mine were tender as tenderloin at Morton’s. Not that I’ve been to Morton's.
Yes, you can pay more for your vittles if you’re not careful. Burgers are around $11, chicken Caesar salad’s $12. On the other hand, chicken or steak tacos are only $1.99.
Also, JJ’s is the eatery in Jolt’n Joe’s (379 Fourth Avenue, downtown, 619-230-1968)...
...the bar where they have pool...
...ping pong, dancing, karaoke, and hey, didn't see it, but supposedly a beach patio somewhere.
I'll bring my flippers next time.
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- The Movie-Studio Logo Quiz: A New Beginning — Dec. 19, 2011
- Stanbul Express! — Nov. 16, 2011
- In the Land of Big Umbrellas (and Veggie Burgers) — Oct. 27, 2011
- The Title or Trailer Game — Oct. 18, 2011