Matt Potter 1:30 p.m., Feb. 27
Pacifica Del Mar
Already known for having good California-meets-Polynesia coastal-style cuisine and one of the finest views in the county, Pacifica Del Mar is offering a new way to pack in patrons with the introduction of their Ocean Bar, an expanded and stylistically revamped rendition of their former bar area.
Located on the viewless side of the restaurant, this space will have to work to make folks feel okay about giving up a gander of the Pacific, but over 100 vodkas from around the world, a raw bar, and a menu of small plates from chef Evan Cruz should help even the score.
The bar is set to open June 1, and to help lure in new clientele, all vodkas will be priced at $6 for the entire month. In the future they'll be between $7 and $10, so it seems it would pay to be surf the bar's initial clear-spirit wave.
More like this:
- Lunch at Pacifica Del Mar — Dec. 16, 2014
- The Last Piece of the Del Mar’s Puzzle Is in Place — Jan. 6, 2012
- The Missing Point in Del Mar's Chef Triangle — Nov. 1, 2011
- Elusive Chef Gives Way to Pacifica Del Mar Reunion — Oct. 4, 2011
- More Race Meets Coming to Del Mar? — Aug. 10, 2011