Helen Villines 12:30 p.m., Dec. 12
A New Lunchtime Beau in Bird Rock
There's some big news for those who work and live in this mysterious beach-adjacent, land-of-traffic roundabouts that is San Diego's Bird Rock micromunity. One of the neighborhood's most popular (and rightfully so) eateries, Beaumont's, just launched weekday lunch service.
The mid-day menu is broken into fun categories such as Hold It (for sandwiches and items like Korean duck tacos with jicama slaw), Wrap It (for tortilla-swathed cylinders filled with shrimp, carnitas, or a chicken/cobb salad blend), Good Greens (salads), and Share It (for gastro-driven lunch-hour gaggles...or folks who just really like big portions).
More of a breakfast person or only partake of lunch on days that start with an "S"? Beaumont's weekend brunch is a great time to make like a bird, nest on the patio, and peck away at offerings such as their chipotle/creme fraiche dolloped Oaxacan queso- and pork-stuffed chile relleno, which is best washed down with a smokey, peppery Bacon Bloody Mary.
More like this:
- DVD/Cable TV Roundup 1971-2011 – a 12-pack of mini movie reviews — Sept. 17, 2013
- $10 Lunch: Beaumont's Eatery — May 9, 2012
- On the Roundabout: Beaumont's Eatery — Jan. 30, 2012
- By the sea at WindanSea Cafe — Nov. 30, 2011
- Save Room for Dessert at Blueprint Café's Happy Hour — July 21, 2011