Matt Potter 9:45 a.m., Dec. 11
The European Market and Deli by Park and Polk in North Park is home to one of my favorite patios in the neighborhood, perfect for eating lunch in the afternoon sunshine. Sure the place offers delicious, moderately-priced Mediterranean grub such as gyros (try one with fire feta), lamb sandwiches, dolmas, spanikopita, falafel, baklava, dolmas, olives, and hummus, but just as important is Sophie, the charming Greek/Armenian woman who opened the place 38 years ago. Sophie and her idiosyncratic “Greek humor” only lend to the restaurant’s mellow, certainly European vibe. Grab a beer or wine. Order a spread of deli items to share with a friend. Enjoy that sunshine.
More like this:
- Park(ing) Day: parklet preview in University Heights — Sept. 17, 2013
- Urban Gourmet Caters to South Park's Palate — Dec. 4, 2011
- Rad Patio - Mama's Bakery and Lebanese Deli - North Park — June 27, 2011
- Feasting on Olympus — Sept. 9, 2009
- Jesse James on Park Boulevard — Oct. 20, 2005