DJ Stevens 3:30 p.m., Sept. 17
Good Beer Makes an Entire Year Fly By
It seems like only yesterday I was shoving past a long line of eager patrons-to-be to get into the pre-grand opening shindig at Pizza Port's Ocean Beach outlet. Yet, a check of the calendar confirms that it's been a whole year since that glorious day when I first tried their brew crew's Skidmark Brown Ale (don't let the name fool you, that's one tasty roasty-yet-refreshing brew...the reigning second-best English-style mild ale in the US, in fact).
Tomorrow, Saturday, May 21st, marks day 365 and Pizza Port will be holding a celebration complete with a special commemorative 1-Year Anniversary Ale. Also, be on the lookout for Bacon and Eggs Imperial Coffee Porter, a robust, high alcohol favorite among the local clientele, as well as a trio of cask-conditioned beers and specialties from Port Brewing and The Lost Abbey (the production brewery arms of the Pizza Port empire).
$10 gets attendees a pint of the Anniversary Ale and a t-shirt to commemorate 52 weeks of tasty pies and exceptional beers from head brewer Yiga Miyashiro. A beer bulge and a spiffy shirt to cover it up. Now, I'll drink to that!
Photo on left: Yiga Miyashiro
More like this:
- Saint Archer lands Pizza Port talent — June 9, 2013
- Pizza Port Solana Beach: The next generation — Feb. 26, 2013
- Rooftop Brunch to Usher in Year Two at Pizza Port OB — May 16, 2012
- A Pre-World Beer Cup Session with Pizza Port OB — April 5, 2012
- A Seriously Rockin’ Brew at Pizza Port O.B. — Feb. 18, 2012