Don Bauder 5:30 p.m., Jan. 29
Mr. Deal has opened the debate. Now, I will try to respond - though I fear my time is short, as I have just finished downing a Ranchero Burrito from Rosarita's on University Avenue here in La Mesa, and I can already feel the food coma coming on. Pulse...slowing. Thoughts...thickening like the creamy beans that coat each slightly chewy, mostly yielding piece of meat. The only thing keeping me upright is the lingering heat from the tomato-laden sauce: just enough burn to make the nose run and the mouth open and the thinking clear up like the July sky after June gloom. At $4.80 - $5.26 after tax - it's a little pricier than Mr. Deal's offering, but that's the price you pay for beefy goodness. Had I any measure of restraint, I could easily have shared with the Wife and come away satisfied. As it is, I will now take a nap.
More like this:
- The California burrito, part 2, fries! — Oct. 4, 2012
- An Education in Ottoman Pastry: La Cafe — Jan. 31, 2012
- Boorito: Willie and Chipotle Unite for Family Farmers — Oct. 24, 2011
- Burrito Barato: MXN Achiote Chicken Tacos — June 18, 2011
- Beggar's Banquet — April 20, 2009