Don Bauder 9:45 p.m., March 11
Free Pool Downtown!
Sent from the 923 bus: At Time Out (634 Broadway) the downtown hangout for students of English-as-a-foreign-language, all you’ve gotta do to get your free game of pool on is munch one of their $6.95 sandwiches, like the club, roast beef, hot pastrami or French Dip.
And if you’re feeling light o’pocket, just go in anyway and pay to play...75 cents a game. Yuda Piha, who runs the place, says this was a club until five months ago. He wants to keep some of that atmosphere going. And Time Out does have a pretty friendly bar-eatery-social pub atmosphere.
Plus, hey, for five bucks they sell a pint of Arrogant Bastard, -if you’re worthy (Read the AB blurb!). Open 10:00 a.m. till midnight daily.
More like this:
- Huevos de toro at Café Europa downtown: Thanks for the tip! — March 15, 2013
- Stout downtown: It’s hockey time. Eat your poutine! — Feb. 20, 2013
- Nobu? No Way. But That’s Okay. — Nov. 7, 2011
- Fore! She’s a Jolly Good Fellow — June 8, 2011
- Present at the Creation — April 8, 2004