Corina Zaragoza 11:30 a.m., Sept. 1
Does San Diego Have Tasteless Calamari?
Is our calamari tasteless compared to Morocco’s? Redouane and Hadda, a couple I met at the Rockin’ Baja Coastal Cantina in Old Town, say yes.
I caught them eating mussels ($5 a bowl in a broth in Happy Hour). “The broth is good,” said Redouane, dipping his garlic bread into the steamy puddle, “but the mussels that we get from our Atlantic coast are maybe three times as big. And your calamari tastes like cardboard. Honestly. You should taste our Moroccan squid.” ’Course his wife berated him for being critical. But could it be true?
More in this week’s Tin Fork.
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- Anthony: An End, A Beginning — Feb. 17, 2012
- Nothing Like a Dry Rub — Dec. 7, 2011
- Comic-Con Days 1 - 4 Photo Funnies — July 25, 2011
- 100 Worst Album Covers of All Time — May 25, 2011