Don Bauder 3:30 p.m., Sept. 2
Convoy Street Changes
There were a couple of items that caught my attention on a drive down Convoy Street this past weekend. First, the newest location of Cali Baguette Express has opened at 4425 Convoy.
Convoy was in need to a decent Banh Mi (Vietnamese Sandwich) shop. I’m hoping this outlet of Cali Baguette Express is as good as the El Cajon Boulevard and Mira Mesa locations.
To their benefit, Cali Baguette Express bakes their own bread, which I find lighter and more flakey then the rather mealy Banh Mi of K Sandwich on Linda Vista Road.
Second, according to the signage, Koon Thai Kitchen will be opening in the former Curry House at 3860 Convoy Street.
Third, there seems to be some activity in the Plaza Del Sol strip mall; which, for some reason I always overlook. The sign says Nam An Vietnamese Restaurant is “Coming Soon”. My sources tell me that this will be a noodle shop. The location is 4690 Convoy Street.
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- First Look at Taco Banh — March 10, 2012
- $10 Lunch (for two!): Cali Baguette Express — Jan. 31, 2012
- For fans of Yakyudori.....Hinotez coming soon — Sept. 12, 2011
- Comic-Con Days 1 - 4 Photo Funnies — July 25, 2011