Darrin DuFord 3:30 p.m., Dec. 26
Bridge to Somewhere Delicious
Remember our very own $27 million boondoggle Bridge to Nowhere? Too far south for conventioneers, too far away from the Gaslamp to generate any pedestrian traffic?
The Harbor Drive Pedestrian Bridge links an empty space near Petco Park to an empty parking building near the Hilton San Diego Bayfront (1 Park Boulevard).
But, turns out, it has got its uses after all (apart from giving East Village joggers somewhere new to run). Now you can safely access the Fox Sports Grill on the Bay side of the Hilton.
It’s worth the walk, because during happy hour (4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m., Monday to Friday) you can get three kobe beef sliders for $5. And hey, the bayfront views are free. Pictured: Bay view from inside Fox; the happy hour sliders
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- Marshmallows on the Bonfire Tonight! — Dec. 30, 2011
- Buster’s: Catch the Wave — Nov. 17, 2011
- State Occasion — July 26, 2011
- Comic-Con Days 1 - 4 Photo Funnies — July 25, 2011