Brandon Hernández 9 a.m., Oct. 25
Côté Sud: Progress!
Was loping along University Ave., up in Hillcrest Tuesday night. Spotted the lights on inside Côté Sud, and, out on the sidewalk, two gents talking serious business. In French. Turned out to be the co-owners, Brice and Serge. They said they’ll have a new chef, Larry, and a new name for the eatery that "Americans can remember and pronounce more easily" than Côté Sud. It’ll still have that southern French thing going, though: Serge himself is straight out of Marseilles and wants the atmosphere and décor to be “warmer,” like southern France. Great. Just so long as they keep those brilliant skylights. “We will be re-opening mid-June,” Brice said.
More like this:
- Caffe Vergnano: Sign of the (Opening) Times — Nov. 28, 2011
- Movie Review: My Week with Marilyn, The Descendants, Into the Abyss, Gainsbourg: A Heroic Life — Nov. 21, 2011
- Côté Sud Goes South — May 9, 2011
- Chomp and Chat at Côté Sud Bistro — May 4, 2011
- Claire Litton in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania — June 7, 2007