Marty Graham 10:30 a.m., Feb. 25
Top SD Food Brands
The SD Ad Club is a committee of local Mad Men and Women. Searching the sturdiest brands in San Diego, they gathered nominations from historians, ad execs, civic leaders and "the public" (they didn't ask me, of course). They chose the top 100 local brands. A great many of these were food brands. Oh, they also chose media brands: the San Diego Reader was included in their top 100.
Hotsy-Totsy Restaurants: George's at the Cove, Mr. A's (so since when is the Marine Room chopped liver?) and Cohn Restaurant Group.
Casual Eateries: Anthony's, El Indio, Filippi's, Jack in the Box, Karl Strauss Brewing Co., Pat & Oscar's, Roberto's, Rubio's, Stone Brewing, Souplantation.
Retail groceries: Costco, Henry's.
Spas, Casinos, Hotels with food: La Costa Resort, Barona Casino, Sycuan Casino, U.S. Grant Hotel, Viejas Casino, I guess Jenny Craig goes in here, too.
Grocery brands: Bumble Bee, Chicken of the Sea, Kashi.
I gather that Charlotte Russe is not a dessert company. And I don't know what this award gets anybody, other than getting an award. But there it is.
More like this:
- Consumer Reports Scrutinizes Celeb Food Products: Don't Let the Stars Get in Your Eyes — Oct. 3, 2011
- Chick-fil-A Mania to Strike Carmel Mountain — Aug. 18, 2011
- RIP: Clay's — June 9, 2011
- Frankie the Bull is snortin' again — May 12, 2011
- Better Seating Now at Origano, etc. etc. — March 16, 2011