Garrett Harris 4 p.m., Aug. 27
Food Trucks: Gathering of the Tribes
Wow. Several food trucks I haven’t tried are coming this month.
Talking about the third Friday Food Truck Extravaganza in the yard at 57 Degrees, the wine place (1735 Hancock Street, at Washington), coming next Friday, June 17.
Saw them last month as I zipped past on the trolley, dammit.
This time I want to try Two for the Road, Gathering Spot, Food Farm, Kal-bi-Q, and India on Wheels. But, who knows? Should be maybe 15 to 20 trucks, the way things are lining up.
Starts at 5:00 p.m.; entrance fee, $2. Should be live music, art, too. Get off Blue Line trolley at Washington Street.
(For more on food truck phenomenon — and it is a heckuva take-back-the-streets phenom — check my cover story on April 6).
Pictured above: Dave and Kari Rich of Food Farm; credit: SDfoodtrucks.com
Pictured above: Chop Soo-ey in the Gaslamp Quarter (bottom of Fifth Avenue), 1:00 a.m. on a recent Saturday/Sunday night
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- The Title or Trailer Game III: The List is Life — Feb. 2, 2012
- Comic-Con Days 1 - 4 Photo Funnies — July 25, 2011
- Picture Story: Grand Opening of the Newly Refurbished Coronado Village Theater — June 24, 2011
- Piggin' Out in the Parking Lot — June 17, 2011